Quick check

How's everyone doing?
Today is sunny. I am thankful for that, although we can't really get out and enjoy the warmth. My houseplants are soaking it up, I try to do shifts with them in that special spot near the window where the sunlight strikes for a good 3 hours in the morning. I do rotations for everyone, expect for the Muscaris (they are there already, but not nearest the window) and the African Violet (which seems not to do well with sort of direct sunning).

A has christened the Muscaris btw: Dime, Nickel, Blueberry and Joe Jr. Nope-- don't ask me why.

Heard in the news that Quebec is opening up soon, like in 2 weeks. They're starting with schools outside Montreal, then a week in, schools in Montreal.

It's long been believed that there's this direct correlation between cities and pandemics. Suppose it's population density, reliance on public space and heavy usage of public infrastructure like transportation. I really wonder how this event will alter life as we knew it, especially in cities. The other day my husband and I had the discussion of how design becomes vital in preventing spread and transmission. Will this pave way for room-ier airplanes, where the seating arrangement becomes more humane, as compared to the last few year's movement towards almost standing-sitting in economy? No middle seats.

Hang in there folks. We need to keep our energy and sanity intact.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner rockstar

My birth story

me, now.